A new Manager-level position within Imperial's Insights function, serving as the Business Partner for Trade Insights for the Regional Heads of Sales & Trade.
This role will be fundamental in setting up the business for success through the creation of best practice standards for shopper & trade insights, ensuring these are embedded into business processes and utilised by local insight business partners in the global markets.
Additional Information Imperial Brands is currently undergoing a strategic transformation to become a consumer-centric organisation and the new Insights function will be a crucial driving force behind this change, placing consumer preferences and demands at the centre of commercial decision making to gain competitive advantage. This role will serve as the Business Partner for
Trade Insights for the Regional Heads of Sales & Trade, which will involve:
· Setting & applying insight standards relating to Trade Insights
· The development and cascade of trade insight best practices
· Determining key metrics and effectiveness frameworks
• Business Partner for Trade Insights for the Regional Heads of Sales & Trade, providing them with high quality, actionable insights collated from across the business
• Responsible for setting the standards for Trade Research and Insights (e.g. customer advocacy, customer listening groups, shopper research by channel), working closely with the Head of Consumer Research, ensuring that these are embedded into business practices and applied by local insight business partners in global markets
• Consolidate and share Trade and shopper insights best practices
• Create standards and metrics for digital analysis of the eCRM Customer
• Define frameworks (e.g. BAM) for measuring the effectiveness of Trade initiatives in Tier 1 and 2 markets, they key strategic markets responsible for the majority of Imperial’s operating profits
• Monitor development of channels and segments, tracking changes and identifying any relevant opportunities or risks
• Support the Consumer and Market Insights (CMI) Director to set the standards for insight products, to build up the Trade Insights capability and fuel the fast follower model.
• Support the CMI Director to create and evolve best-practice insight frameworks for trade insights, and set up centres of excellence to ensure insight best practices are identified, codified, documented & applied to insights.
• Work closely with fellow Managers to ensure that relevant trade insights are being harnessed to support cross-process decisioning
• Alongside other Managers, support the CMI Director in conducting an audit of best-practice methods for designing and delivering trade insights from both internal and external sources. Effectively collate and evaluate the best methods currently used across geographies.
• Peer review the standards created by at least one Manager within the Consumer and Market Insights (Standards) team - including tools, templates and materials created. Equally, submit standards for peer review prior to final sign off from the Head of Sales & Trade Insights
• Work with the CMI Director to develop an internal communications plan to ensure standards are understood and adopted, as part of the global insight comms strategy
• Responsible for the adoption of trade insight standards. Collaborate with regional and local-level teams to identify how relevant stakeholders are interpreting and using standards for brand insights, addressing instances where standards are not being followed
• Regularly reappraise the insight standards for trade insights, reviewing external best practice and proactively obtaining feedback from stakeholders about their needs and e.g. how methods could be developed
· Educated to degree level in relevant field
· Senior experience within insight teams focussed on shopper and trade insights – or equivalent – within a multi-market insights function
· Able to develop & nurture key business stakeholder relationships whilst applying an objective lens to key business problems & issues
· Deep knowledge of business realities influencing Imperial’s sales & trade strategies, to provide insight-based advice that is actionable and commercially sound
· Expert knowledge of insight and foresight techniques based on underlying data, research and analytics methodologies. Able to apply these to build standards for shopper and trade insights
· Highly collaborative. Able to co-ordinate activities across multiple teams, and draw together multiple perspectives to improve standards of insight
· Passion for shaping Imperial's business strategy around the consumer of the future
· Proven track record in insight business partnering; able to demonstrate the positive impact of insight-driven advice
· Previous role in generating insights at a major advertising, marketing, brand planning agency or strategic consultancy